- 6 large multi- colored bell peppers
- 1/2 C Il Bel Cuore Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Turn oven on to Broil and place oven rack on middle or high position.
- Place peppers on a large sheet pan and place under the broiler allowing them to turn black on each side, turning as they become blackened all over, About 15 minutes total.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a large metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave to steam the skin for approximately 1/2 hour.
- Once the peppers have cooled, begin to peel the blackened skin off of the peppers and clean the seeds and stem from the peppers. Divide the pepper into quarters along the pepper seams and lay in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix the olive oil with other ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Pour over the cleaned and quartered peppers. Cover and place in refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
Once the peppers are ready to serve you can sprinkle goat, mozzarella, or feta cheese on each pepper and embellish with basil leaves. I think they are better served closer to room temperature so the oil is not coagulated. Also, minced garlic can be added to the dressing if so desired.